- Mitglied seit:
- letzte Aktivität:
Saffron Extract (Crocus sativus L.)
Part Used: Flower; Dried, 100% Natural
Main Ingredient: Crocin; Safranal.
Specification: Crocin 95%; Safranal 0.2%, 0.3%, 0.34%; 4:1,10:1, 20:1
Safranal is an organic compound isolated from saffron, the spice consisting of the stigmas of crocus flowers. It is the constituent primarily responsible for the aroma of saffron. It is believed that safranal is a degradation product of the carotenoid zeaxanthin via the intermediacy of picrocrocin. Safranal is an effective anticonvulsant shown to act as an agonist at GABAA receptors. Safranal also exhibits high antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity. It has also been shown to have antidepressant properties.
1. Antidepressant effects have been demonstrated;
2. Helps to slow down retinitis pigmentosa and macular degeneration. It also protects the eye from direct effect of bright light;
3. Treating many painful conditions such as kidney pain, stomach pain and menstrual pain;
4. Weight loss by reducing feelings of hunger and compulsion to eat between meals;
5. Enhance and improve memory;
6. Anti-tumour & Antimutagen: Due to the carotenoid & crocetin, it helps in treating and preventing certain skin cancer, sarcoma and liver cancer;
7. Anti-inflammatory: saffron can control inflammation in the body and speed up the healing of burns and cuts.
8. It is used to increase libido and erectile dysfunction by improving the blood flow to the pelvic region.